Who We Are
In 2012, a group of Sheffield cultural organisations came together to help support culture in the city.
Who We Are
We are a group of Sheffield cultural organisations working together to help support culture in the city since 2012.
The Culture Consortium is in a process of change.
In June 2022, we adopted new aims:
- To help all cultures and communities in Sheffield to be visible;
- To tackle inequality in Sheffield through arts and culture.
We are fully supportive of the recommendations of the Sheffield Racial Equality Commission report.
Our ambitions for culture are shared by the Sheffield Culture Collective, which includes membership from the Consortium plus the private sector, digital, health and voluntary sectors, and has a wider strategic reach.
The Consortium is a voluntary working group and a Company Limited by Guarantee. It has part-time staff support through Sheffield City Council.
Further development of the Consortium will take place once the new Sheffield Cultural Strategy has been completed in Autumn 2023.
- We welcomed Olivier Tsemo and Geff Green as Co-Chairs in September 2022.
- We welcomed Utopia Theatre and Gut Level as members of the Consortium in February 2023.
- We are working on a new membership structure, informed by the upcoming Cultural Strategy.
Please see Minutes section for more information.