What We Do
Celebrating our past, present and future as a city of makers and promoting a world city with an international reputation for excellence and innovation.
Championing all forms of making in the city and region – from advanced manufacturing, specialist steels, forged products, cutting tools, flanges, bearings and blades to award winning theatre, international art and design, ground-breaking research and world class talent.
A Year of Making 2016 will
- Promote Sheffield’s leading role in the region, the North, nationally and internationally
- Spark collaboration, debate and celebration across all Sheffield’s making tradition
- Support Sheffield artists and makers through commissions, professional development and partnership activity
- Bring international commissions and expertise to the city
- Develop the story of Sheffield, which reflects our making heritage and projects it into the future
- Showcase the city as a great place to live, work, study and invest
- Engage residents and visitors in making activity
Contact – Tamar Millen Year of Making Events Manager 0114 2735542